Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Austin, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, hockey games, and museums.
- You'll find 113 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rochester
- The closest major airport is in Rochester, MN (RST-Rochester Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mason City, IA (MCW-Mason City Municipal), 40 mi (64.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Austin
Cultural venues in the city include Rydjor Bike Museum, Austin ArtWorks Center, and Paramount Theatre. The city's natural beauty is on display at Horace Austin Park, Driesner Park, and Lafayette Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hormel Historic Home and Spam Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Austin. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Austin - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Austin - Our customers like the central location and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Austin - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Austin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 4°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 6°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Austin is 34.53 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°F