Visitors can enjoy all that Avenches has to offer including its monuments. There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Avenches
The city is notable for landmarks like General Henri Guisan Monument, Avenches Castle, and Reformed Church of St. Mary Magdalene. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aventicum Amphitheater and Lac de Morat.
As you plan your vacation to Avenches, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 33 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Youth Hostel Avenches is located in the heart of Avenches. This 2-star hostel in Avenches features free breakfast, a restaurant, and parking.
- Hotel Savoy Bern is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from central Avenches. This 4-star hotel in Bern features free WiFi, a café, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Allegro Bern is located 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the heart of Avenches. This 4.5-star hotel in Bern features a casino, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Avenches
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Avenches is 1.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F