Visiting Awaji Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Awaji Island has to offer including the hot springs, seaside, and theme park. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and quaint setting. Top sights around the area include Otsuka Art Museum and Akashi Kaikyo Bridge.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Awaji Island
- The closest major airport is in Tokushima (TKS), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Awaji Island
Cultural venues in the city include Awaji City Nakahama Minoru's Cat Art Museum, Kakuya Oishi Art Museum-Yama, and Takigawa Memorial Museum. Attractions like Awaji World Park Onokoro, Awaji Farm Park England Hill, and Awajishima Monkey Center are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Izanagi Shrine, Sumoto Castle, and Onokorojima Shrine.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Awaji Island. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Plaza Awajishima - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- The Westin Awaji Island Resort & Conference Center - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this resort. With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel & Resorts MINAMIAWAJI - This 3.5-star hotel features 4 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Otsuka Art Museum, 15.7 mi/25.3 km from the city center, and Kobe Tower, which is 28.5 mi/45.9 km away.
Dressing for Awaji Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Awaji Island is 53.36 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F