Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Balabag, which is also known for its spas. Top sights in the city include Boat Station 2, Boat Station 1, and Boat Station 3.
- There are 261 hotels and other accommodations in Balabag
- The closest major airport is in Caticlan (MPH-Godofredo P. Ramos), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Balabag
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bulabog Beach, White Beach, and Willy's Rock. Boating is one of the top activities, while Boat Station 2, Boat Station 1, and Boat Station 3 are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Budget Mart and D'mall Boracay.
In Balabag, you'll be able to select from 261 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Coast - This 3.5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and comfortable beds.
- Blue Marina - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services.
- Discovery Shores Boracay - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include Balinghai Beach, located 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Puka Beach, which is 2.2 mi/3.6 km away.
Dressing for Balabag
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 76°F
- Balabag gets about 1.97 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 75°F