Visitors can enjoy all that Bex has to offer including the ski areas and mountain views. Top sights around the area include Aigle Castle and Freddie Mercury Statue.
- There are 1779 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 46.9 mi (75.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bex
A couple of favorite places to visit are Villars - Gryon Ski Area and Swiss Alps. In the area, you'll also find Aigle Castle and Freddie Mercury Statue.
As you plan your vacation to Bex, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 262 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Historic Chalet From 1714 in Plans-sur-bex, Gryon-villars-les Diablerets is located in the heart of Bex. Located in Bex, this chalet features a kitchen, a fireplace, and a patio. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from central Bex. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Montreux can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Eurotel Montreux is 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the center of Bex. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Montreux can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
Getting Around Bex
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Bex Station. Bex may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bex
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Bex each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F