History buffs enjoy visiting Bielefeld though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, theaters, and parks.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Bielefeld
- The closest major airport is in Paderborn (PAD-Paderborn - Lippstadt), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bielefeld
Cultural venues in the city include Theater Bielefeld, Kunsthalle Bielefeld, and Historical Museum Bielefeld. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Old Town Hall, Nicolai Church, and Neustaedter Marienkirche. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Old Market Square and Museum Huelsmann.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Bielefeld. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Légère Hotel Bielefeld - Amenities at this hotel include free WiFi and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Bielefelder Hof - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Schlichte Hof - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Bielefeld
With so many ways to get around, seeing Bielefeld is simple. Head over to Bielefeld Central Station to catch metro. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Bielefeld Ost Station, Bielefeld Brackwede Station, or Oldentrup Station.
Dressing for Bielefeld
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Bielefeld each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F