Visitors can enjoy all that Herford has to offer including the cafés, museums, and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Herford
- The closest major airport is in Paderborn (PAD-Paderborn - Lippstadt), 35.1 mi (56.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hannover (HAJ), 49.6 mi (79.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Herford
A couple of favorite places to visit are Marta Herford Museum and H2O Herford Sports and Water Park. In the area, you'll also find Gradierwerken and Kurpark.
As you start planning your visit to Herford, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 61 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Hansa is located in the heart of Herford. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Herford can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel zur Fürstabtei is located in central Herford. This 3-star hotel in Herford features free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Adler-Haus is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star cottage in Herford features free WiFi and a terrace.
Getting Around Herford
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Herford Station. Herford may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Herford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Herford is 0.94 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F