Visitors to Bonifacio are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, churches, and local tours. Top sights around the area include Maddalena Archipelago National Park and Bear's Rock.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Bonifacio
- The closest major airport is in Figari (FSC-Figari - Sud Corse), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ajaccio (AJA-Napoleon Bonaparte), 41.3 mi (66.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bonifacio
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Bastion de L'Etendard, Memorial du Passe Bonifacio, and Montee St-Roch. The picturesque setting of Grotte di Bonifacio and Pic de la Trinite exemplify the city's natural beauty. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Bonifacio Port and Sperone Golf Club are sights to visit.
In Bonifacio, you'll find 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Genovese - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Les Chambres de Casarina - Amenities at this guesthouse include an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Lodge De Charme A Cheda - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Maddalena Archipelago National Park, located 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center, and Bear's Rock, which is 19.9 mi/32 km away.
Dressing for Bonifacio
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Bonifacio gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 52°F