Visiting Boothbay Harbor
Visitors give high marks for the bustling port in Boothbay Harbor, which is also known for its gardens and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 348 hotels and other accommodations in Boothbay Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Wiscasset, ME (ISS), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brunswick, ME (NHZ-Brunswick Executive), 15.3 mi (24.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boothbay Harbor
Cultural venues in the city include Maine Maritime Museum, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, and Opera House at Boothbay Harbor. The city is notable for landmarks like Boothbay Railway Village, Androscoggin Swinging Bridge, and Burnt Island Living Lighthouse. The gardens and seaside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Fisherman's Memorial Park, Barrett Park, and Cabbage Island.
In Boothbay Harbor, there are 348 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Heron Seaside Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Black Lantern - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Daniel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Boothbay Harbor
With so many ways to get around, seeing Boothbay Harbor is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Brunswick Maine Street Station. You can find out about water transportation options at the port.
Dressing for Boothbay Harbor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 13°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Boothbay Harbor is 46.35 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F