Visitors to Brookings are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, sporting events, and live music. You'll find 16 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of De Smet.
Sightseeing and Staying in Brookings
Cultural venues in the city include Children's Museum of South Dakota, South Dakota Art Museum, and South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum. The picturesque setting of McCrory Gardens and Lake Campbell exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and South Dakota State University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Brookings. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites University - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- My Place Hotel-Brookings, SD - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Brookings - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Brookings
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Brookings is 24.31 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°F