Visitors to Watertown are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, university setting, and zoo.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Watertown
- The closest major airport is in Watertown, SD (ATY-Watertown Regional), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Watertown
Cultural venues in the city include Terry Redlin Museum, Redlin Art Center, and Mellette House. Attractions like Bramble Park Zoo and Watertown Family Aquatic Center are fun for everyone, not just kids. The picturesque setting of Riverside Park and Lake Kampeska exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Watertown. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn & Suites Watertown - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Watertown - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Watertown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 3°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 4°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Watertown is 22.03 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 6°F