Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel with 3 restaurants, located in Buenos Aires (La Recoleta)
Popular property highlights
A Belle Époque palace.
This luxury hotel is located on Alvear Avenue, in La Recoleta. close to Alvear Art Gallery, Malba, Teatro Colón, and Obelisco. Also, nearby are Plaza de Mayo and Casa Rosada.
Spa and fitness
In addition to 3 restaurants, 1 bar, 1 winery / cheese room, Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires features an indoor pool. Other amenities include a full-service spa and complimentary wireless Internet acces
LCD TVs, DVD players
LCD televisions include premium digital channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with pillowtop mattresses, complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
In addition to a full-service spa, Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires features an indoor pool and a spa tub. Dining is available at all it´s restaurantes. A business center is on site at this 5-star property.
High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness facility, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands.
Wine and cheese tastings are available at La Vinoteca, a unique space located in the ground floor of the palace. The best malbec collection is offered to be paired with a selected menu of argentinean cheeses.
The garden, an oasis in the City, es the perfect place to enjoy a lovely dinner or meeting.
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 2006
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 165
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- First-run movies
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires has 3 restaurants with different and originals styles:
Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca
Located in the ground floor of the Palace, Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca offers Sophisticated Argentinean Cuisine with emphasis on typical cuts of Argentinean meat from the best breeds, including Wagyu, Black Angus and Aberdeen Angus. The restaurant presents a special feature on wooden grill preparation, based on seasonal and local fresh products executed with contemporary style and flawless service. Connected to the garden with ample seating on the terrace, Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca has a very intimate and cozy atmosphere.
Gioia Restaurante & Terrazas
In the new building, Gioia Restaurante &Terrazas offers spectacular views of the Palace and the garden. Service is available throughout the day and an extensive seating area on its terrace provides for "al fresco" dining. The restaurant has a special feature in modern Italian cuisine. It serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. Light meals and snacks are available during the day. Sunday brunch is served in the garden.
Los Salones del Piano Nobile
Los Salones del Piano Nobile, located in the Palacio, serves breakfast, small dishes, and elegant snacks throughout the day with special emphasis on afternoon tea. The rooms conserve their original painted “boisery” and offers a fireplace, and an elegant combination of low and high tables.
The magnificent outside terrace, accessible through both exits of the Piano Nobile Salons as well as the Oak Bar, enjoys magnificent views over the landscaped garden of the Palace. The total capacity for indoor dining is 43 seats; outdoor dinning area is 30 guests.
The Oak Bar
The Oak Bar is a unique private room, an elegant and comfortable area that is an ideal to unwind and relax for pre- and after-dinner drinks. Located within the Palace building on the Piano Nobile floor, the 28-seat bar embodies a very "Club Style" ambience with its antique oak paneling, a wood burning fireplace, brown leather wingback chairs, and a terrace for up to six people, overlooking the magnificent garden. The original artwork complements the club feel of the bar.
The Oak Bar takes its name from its ornately carved oak paneling. The panels are made of European oak, and were specially carved in the 17th century to decorate a castle in Normandy, France. When the last owner of the castle died, his widow sold some valuables to Mr. Luis Duhau, who bought the panels and brought them to his Palace in Argentina.
Nearby Things to Do
Buenos Aires offers lots of cultural attractions. Visit the impressive hotel art gallery to view works by artists from Argentina and Latin America. Rejuvenate at Ahín Wellness & Spa, a leading spa in Buenos Aires. There's plenty to keep you occupied while visiting us. You may even learn to Tango at the historic rooms of the Palacio.
Visit the most exclusive shopping in town with world known boutiques. We offer a variety of activities for you and your family.
Ahin Wellness & Spa
Our Buenos Aires Spa provides provides peaceful rejuvenation for the body, mind and soul.
The Fitness Studio was designed around a technological concept.
Art Gallery - Paseo de las Artes
Showcasing paintings and sculptures by local and Latin American artists.
Uncover the city’s best sites with the use of a bicycle.
Celebrate the Arts with Luxury Travel to Buenos Aires
An inside guide to the best culture, shopping and dining in and around the art district of Recoleta.
- Free bicycles on site
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 80 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The 21% national VAT (value-added tax) is not included in the price, and will be charged at the property upon check-out for all citizens of Argentina. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. To qualify for a tax exemption, tourists must present a valid passport and pay for the services rendered with a non-Argentine credit card or via bank transfer from another country. This tax exemption does not apply for stays over 90 days. In the case of cancelled bookings, the cancellation penalties paid by the traveler will also be subject to the national VAT (21%).
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per day
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 80 per night
- Buenos Aires Park Hyatt
- Hyatt Palacio Duhau
- Palacio Duhau
- Palacio Duhau Hyatt
- Palacio Duhau Hyatt Hotel
- Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is listed in the 2014 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2015 Travel + Leisure 500.