Travelers to Cacapava will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Amantikir Park, Boa Vista Palace, and Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida.
- You'll find 332 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Campos do Jordao
- The closest major airport is in Sao Jose dos Campos (SJK-Sao Jose dos Campos-Professor Urbano Ernesto Stumpf), 12.3 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sao Paulo (GRU-Guarulhos - Governor Andre Franco Montoro Intl.), 53.6 mi (86.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cacapava
Places to visit in the larger region include Via Vale Garden Shopping, Taubate Shopping Center, and Saint Terezinha Church. In the area, you'll also find Universidade de Taubate and Museu Monteiro Lobato.
As you plan your trip to Cacapava, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 111 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- GranVale Hotel is 1.5 mi (2.3 km) from the center of Cacapava. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cacapava can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Monreale Hotel São José dos Campos is located 13 mi (20.8 km) from the heart of Cacapava. This 3-star hotel in Sao Jose dos Campos features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Ibis Taubate is 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from central Cacapava. This 3-star hotel in Taubate features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
A top sight outside the city is Amantikir Park, 23 mi/37 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Cacapava
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 56°F at night
- Cacapava gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 53°F