Visitors to Calicos are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and spas. Barril Beach, Tavira Castle, and Roman Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1084 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Calicos
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Barril Beach, Tavira Castle, and Roman Bridge. Additionally, in the area you'll find Carmo Church and Loule Castle.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Vila Monte Farm House - This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Calicos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Calicos gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F