Visitors are sure to enjoy all Tavira has to offer including its bird watching and boating. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights in the city include Roman Bridge, Tavira Castle, and Barril Beach.
- There are 227 hotels and other accommodations in Tavira
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 19 mi (30.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tavira
The city is notable for landmarks like Roman Bridge, Tavira Castle, and Misericordia Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Barril Beach, Tavira Living Science Center, and Ilha de Tavira Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Praca da Republica and Palacio da Galeria Museum.
In Tavira, you'll be able to select from 227 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pousada Convento de Tavira - Historic Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star pousada, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Quinta do Caracol - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hotel Rural Quinta do Marco - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Verde Beach, located 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city center, and Carmo Church, which is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) away.
Getting Around Tavira
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Tavira is simple. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Tavira Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Tavira
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Tavira gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F