Visiting Canyon Lake
Visitors to Canyon Lake are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and parks. Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort, Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, and San Marcos Premium Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 840 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Braunfels
- The closest major airport is in San Antonio, TX (SAT-San Antonio Intl.), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Canyon Lake
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Comal Park, Jacob's Creek Park, and North Park. Boating is just one of the top activities, while Canyon Lake Marina and Cranes Mill Marina are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Crane's Mill Park and Overlook Park.
In Canyon Lake, there are 187 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lazy H Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Hideout on the Horseshoe - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this cabin. With a stay at this 3-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with a private balcony.
- Canyon Lakeview Resort - With a stay at this 3-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort, 14.3 mi/22.9 km from the heart of the city, and Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, which is 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away.
Dressing for Canyon Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 29.21 inches of rain falls on Canyon Lake each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F