Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Wimberley, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its jazz scene. Top sights around the area include San Marcos Premium Outlets and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- You'll find 840 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Braunfels
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wimberley
The city's cultural venues include Corral Theatre and Jack Glover's Cowboy Museum. The riverfront and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Blue Hole Regional Park and Jacob's Well Natural Area. Additionally, you might want to add Central Texas Bonsai Exhibit at Jade Gardens to your agenda.
In Wimberley, you'll find 103 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Creekhaven Inn Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a spa tub.
- Mountain View Lodge - This 3-star lodge features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Top places to see in the area include San Marcos Premium Outlets, 13.5 mi/21.8 km from the city center, and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, which is 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away.
Dressing for Wimberley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 35.71 inches of rain falls on Wimberley each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F