Visitors to Castelnaudary are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. A top sight in the area is Montsegur Castle.
- You'll find 426 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carcassonne
- The closest major airport is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castelnaudary
Places to visit in the larger region include St-Papoul Abbey, Port Lauragais, and Canal du Midi Museum and Garden. Additionally, you'll find Canal du Midi Museum and Gardens and Saint-Felix-Lauragais Castle in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Castelnaudary. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Clos Fleuri - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Ibis Budget Castelnaudary - Amenities at this 2-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking.
- Hôtel du Canal - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Getting Around Castelnaudary
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Castelnaudary Station. Castelnaudary might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Castelnaudary
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Castelnaudary gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F