Visitors can enjoy all that Castro has to offer including the waterfront, monuments, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable and welcoming setting. A top sight in the area is Otranto Castle.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Castro
- The closest major airport is in Brindisi (BDS-Papola Casale), 51.4 mi (82.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Castro
Favorite places to visit in the city include Diocesi di Castro di Puglia, Castro Marina, and Zinzulusa Cave. Additionally, you'll find Otranto Castle in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Castro. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lamanna's Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Piccolo Mondo - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room minibar.
- Orsa Maggiore - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
Dressing for Castro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Castro gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 46°F