Visitors can enjoy all that Chempu has to offer including the lakeside setting, architecture, and restaurants. The relaxing and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 359 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chempu
A favorite place to visit in the city is Vembanad Lake. In the area, you'll also find Chottanikkara Devi Temple and Andhakaranazhi Beach.
As you start planning your visit to Chempu, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 28 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Soma Kerala Palace is located in the heart of Chempu. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Chempu can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private balcony.
- Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from central Chempu. This 5-star hotel in Kochi features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Kochi Marriott Hotel is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the center of Chempu. This 5-star hotel in Edapalli features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and walkable location.
Dressing for Chempu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 74°F
- About 121.50 inches of rain falls on Chempu each year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 74°F