Visitors to Daegu are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's volcano viewpoints, theme park, and baseball games.
- There are 131 hotels and other accommodations in Daegu
- The closest major airport is in Daegu (TAE-Daegu Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ulsan (USN), 49.2 mi (79.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daegu
Cultural venues in the city include Daegu National Museum, Daegu Opera House, and Daegu Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Donghwasa, Gatbawi Seokjoyeoraejwasang, and Jikjisa Temple. The city's natural beauty is on display at Suseongmot Lake, Mt. Biseul, and Gayasan National Park.
In Daegu, you'll find 131 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Bomgoro Guest House in Daegu - This 2.5-star guesthouse in Jung-gu features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Happy House - Our customers like the clean rooms and overall condition at this guesthouse. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Suseong-gu features free WiFi and free parking.
- Novotel Ambassador Daegu - This 4-star hotel in Jung-gu features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Daegu
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Daegu is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Daegok Station, Jincheon Station, and Wolbae Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Chilgok Jicheon Station, Daegu Station, or Daegu Dongdaegu Station.
Dressing for Daegu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Daegu each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F