History buffs will enjoy exploring Debrecen, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, monuments, and museums.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Debrecen
- The closest major airport is in Debrecen (DEB-Debrecen Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oradea (OMR), 36.4 mi (58.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Debrecen
The city's cultural venues include Fonix Hall and Deri Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Protestant Great Church. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Debrecen is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Debrecen. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Centrum Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Aquaticum Debrecen Thermal and Wellness Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a water park, along with free WiFi.
- Lycium Hotel Debrecen - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Debrecen
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Debrecen Station. Debrecen might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Debrecen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Debrecen gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F