Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Derince has to offer. There are 172 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Izmit (KCO-Cengız Topel), 15.4 mi (24.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Istanbul (SAW-Sabiha Gokcen Intl.), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Derince
Places to visit in the larger region include Green Park, Sirri Pasha Mansion, and Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography. You'll also find Izmit Clock Tower and Gayret Ship Museum in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Derince, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 33 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Grand Korfez Hotel is located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of Derince. With a stay at this hotel in Derince, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Wellborn Luxury Hotel is 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from central Derince. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Basiskele can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale.
- Ramada Plaza Izmit is 9 mi (14.5 km) from the center of Derince. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Izmit can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Derince
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Derince gets about 29.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 44°F