Visitors can enjoy all that Dexter has to offer including its parks. Top sights around the area include Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum and Ireland Hall.
- You'll find 8 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Arkansas City
- The closest major airport is in Wichita, KS (ICT-Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National), 54.3 mi (87.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dexter
A couple of favorite places to visit are Dexter Christian Church and Cowley State Fishing Lake. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum and Ireland Hall.
As you start planning for your getaway to Dexter, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 9 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Best Western Plus Patterson Park Inn is 18.6 mi (30 km) from central Dexter. This 2.5-star hotel in Arkansas City features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Quality Inn is located 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the heart of Dexter. This 2.5-star hotel in Arkansas City features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn Arkansas City is 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the center of Dexter. This 2-star motel in Arkansas City features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Popular places to see in the area include Chaplin Nature Center, 22.3 mi/35.9 km from the heart of the city, and La Hacienda Buffalo Ranch, which is 20 mi (32.2 km) away.
Dressing for Dexter
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Dexter is 40.20 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F