Visiting Arkansas City
Families enjoy visiting Arkansas City though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, architecture, and churches. Top sights in the city include La Hacienda Buffalo Ranch, Ireland Hall, and Chaplin Nature Center.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Arkansas City
- The closest major airport is in Wichita, KS (ICT-Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National), 44.3 mi (71.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Arkansas City
Notable city landmarks like Ireland Hall and Dexter Christian Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at La Hacienda Buffalo Ranch, Chaplin Nature Center, and Paris Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum and Spring Hill Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Arkansas City. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Econo Lodge - This 1.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Arkansas City KS - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Americas Best Value Inn Arkansas City - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Arkansas City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 40.20 inches of rain falls on Arkansas City each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 22°F