Travelers to Wichita give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its zoo, museums, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Museum of World Treasures, Exploration Place, and Wichita Art Museum.
- There are 138 hotels and other accommodations in Wichita
- The closest major airport is in Wichita, KS (ICT-Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wichita
Known for its museums, live music, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Museum of World Treasures, Exploration Place, and Wichita Art Museum. Attractions like Sedgwick County Zoo and Koch Aquatic Center are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural beauty is on display at Botanica - Wichita Gardens, Sedgwick County Park, and El Dorado State Park.
In Wichita, you'll be able to select from 138 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wichita Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Downtown Wichita can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton at The Waterfront - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Wichita include Old Cowtown Museum, Kansas Aviation Museum, and INTRUST Bank Arena.
Getting Around Wichita
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Newton Station. Wichita may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wichita
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Wichita is 30.38 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F