Families enjoy visiting Winfield though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, university setting, and live music. Top sights around the area include Chaplin Nature Center, Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum, and La Hacienda Buffalo Ranch.
- You'll find 8 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Arkansas City
- The closest major airport is in Wichita, KS (ICT-Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Winfield
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Chaplin Nature Center, Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum, and La Hacienda Buffalo Ranch. Additionally, you'll find Ireland Hall in the area.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Econo Lodge - This 1.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Winfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Winfield gets about 40.20 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F