Visitors can enjoy all that Dhaka has to offer including the university setting, lakeside setting, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and gardens. Top sights in the city include Jatiyo Sangshad Bhaban, Baitul Mukarram, and Bangabandhu National Stadium.
- There are 186 hotels and other accommodations in Dhaka
- The closest major airport is in Dhaka (DAC-Shahjalal Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dhaka
Cultural venues in the city include Ahsan Manzil, Bangladesh National Museum, and Liberation War Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Baitul Mukarram, Curzon Hall, and Saat Masjid (Seven Domed Mosque). The city's natural beauty is on display at Hatir Jheel, Gulshan Ladies Park, and Baridhara Park.
In Dhaka, you'll be able to select from 186 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Meridien Dhaka - This 5-star resort features 7 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- The Westin Dhaka - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Best Western Plus Maple Leaf - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Dhaka include Jatiyo Sangshad Bhaban, Bangabandhu National Stadium, and Banga Bhaban.
Getting Around Dhaka
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Airport Railway Station. Dhaka may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dhaka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 77°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 59°F at night
- Dhaka gets about 1.73 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 61°F