Visitors to Donore are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. Top sights around the area include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre and Hill of Tara.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Donore
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Donore
The city's cultural venues include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre and Battle of Boyne Visitor Centre. Notable city landmarks like Dowth and Battle of the Boyne Battlefield might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Boyne River Valley to your agenda.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Newgrange Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and bed quality.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Hill of Tara, located 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Donore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Donore gets about 29.88 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F