Visitors can enjoy all that Slane has to offer including the monuments and museums. Top sights around the area include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre and Hill of Tara.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Slane
The city is notable for landmarks like Hill of Slane, St. Erc's Well, and Slane Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Francis Ledwidge Museum and Knowth.
As you plan your vacation to Slane, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 39 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Tankardstown is located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the heart of Slane. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Slane can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Knightsbrook Hotel Spa & Golf Resort is 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the center of Slane. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Trim can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Travelodge Dublin Airport North Swords is 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from central Slane. This 3-star hotel in Swords features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre, 4.1 mi/6.6 km from the city center, and Hill of Tara, which is 9.6 mi/15.4 km away.
Dressing for Slane
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 29.88 inches of rain falls on Slane each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F