Visitors can enjoy all that Durbin has to offer including its parks. There are 134 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Elkins, WV (EKN-Randolph County), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Durbin
A favorite place to visit in the city is Monongahela National Forest. You'll also find Cheat Summit Fort and Cass Scenic Railroad in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Durbin, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 134 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hampton Inn Elkins is located 18 mi (29 km) from the heart of Durbin. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Elkins can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Elkins is 19.2 mi (31 km) from the center of Durbin. This 2-star hotel in Elkins features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its central location and room size.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites ELKINS is 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from central Durbin. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Elkins can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Durbin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.98 inches of rain falls on Durbin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F