Visiting Eastern Slovakia
Travelers give high marks for the relaxing spas in Eastern Slovakia, which is also known for its mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cocktail bars and musical theater. A top sight in the city is AquaCity Poprad.
- There are 215 hotels and other accommodations in Eastern Slovakia
- The closest major airport is in Kosice (KSC-Barca), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Poprad (TAT-Poprad - Tatry), 46.2 mi (74.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Eastern Slovakia
Cultural venues in the city include East Slovak Museum, Saris Museum, and Slovak National Museum. Attractions like AquaCity Poprad and Tatrabob Rollercoaster are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Lomnicky Peak, St. Elisabeth Cathedral, and Hlavna Ulica.
In Eastern Slovakia, you'll find 215 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Plaza Boutique Hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Grand Hotel Kempinski High Tatras - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Lomnica - This 4-star hotel features a winery, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Eastern Slovakia
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Presov Station, Kysak Station, or Kapusany pri Presove Station. Eastern Slovakia might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Eastern Slovakia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 30°F at night
- About 26.18 inches of rain falls on Eastern Slovakia each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F