History buffs will enjoy exploring Farmington, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Farmington
- The closest major airport is in Farmington, NM (FMN-Four Corners Regional), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Durango, CO (AMK-Animas Air Park), 38 mi (61.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Farmington
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Aztec Ruins National Monument and Salmon Ruins. The riverfront and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness and Vietnam Veterans Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Animas Valley Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Farmington. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Farmington/Bloomfield - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Comfort Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Territorial Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Farmington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Farmington gets about 11.02 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F