Visitors can enjoy all that Ferrum has to offer including its museums. There are 57 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Roanoke, VA (ROA-Roanoke Regional), 30 mi (48.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ferrum
A favorite place to visit in the city is Blue Ridge Institute and Museum. You'll also find Fairy Stone State Park and Harvester Performance Center in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Ferrum, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 57 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Quality Inn Christiansburg is 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from central Ferrum. This 2.5-star hotel in Christiansburg features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Christiansburg is located 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the heart of Ferrum. This 2-star hotel in Christiansburg features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers love its proximity to shopping and first-rate property condition.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg is 22.4 mi (36 km) from the center of Ferrum. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Christiansburg can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ferrum
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.12 inches of rain falls on Ferrum each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F