Visitors to Frederiksoord are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 171 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Groningen (GRQ-Eelde), 25.8 mi (41.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Frederiksoord
Places to visit in the larger region include Rabo Theater De Meenthe, Church of Sint-Clemenskerk, and Villa Rams Woerthe. Additionally, you'll find Dwingelderveld and De Oude Aarde in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Frederiksoord, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 100 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Villa de Bakkerij is located in central Frederiksoord. This 3-star guesthouse in Frederiksoord features free WiFi, a café, and concierge services.
- Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant De Eese-Giethoorn is located within 0.1 mi (0.2 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in De Bult can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
- Fletcher Hotel Steenwijk is located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Oostermeenthe can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Frederiksoord
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.10 inches of rain falls on Frederiksoord each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F