History buffs will enjoy exploring Fremantle, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its museums, cafés, and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Kings Park and Botanic Garden, City Beach, and Cottesloe Beach.
- You'll find 737 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Perth
- The closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fremantle
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Western Australian Maritime Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Round House, Fremantle Prison, and Samson House. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Fremantle Markets is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Fremantle, you'll find 73 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Platinum Suites Fremantle - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Hamptons Inn - Our customers like the room service and location at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fremantle Archway Apartments - Amenities at this 3.5-star apartment include free WiFi and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to see in the area include Kings Park and Botanic Garden, located 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center, and City Beach, which is 8.1 mi/13 km away.
Getting Around Fremantle
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Fremantle is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Fremantle Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Fremantle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Fremantle gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F