Families will find kid-friendly activities in Perth, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Elizabeth Quay, Perth Mint, and Kings Park War Memorial.
- There are 1147 hotels and other accommodations in Perth
- The closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Perth
Cultural venues in the city include Perth Mint, SCITECH Discovery Centre, and Perth Concert Hall. Families come for attractions such as Perth Zoo, Adventure World, and Caversham Wildlife Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Kings Park War Memorial, Fremantle Prison, and Perth Town Hall.
In Perth, you'll be able to select from 1147 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sorrento Beach Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- COMO The Treasury - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Perth Central Business District can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and free breakfast, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Airport B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
Other favorite sights in Perth include Elizabeth Quay, Hyde Park, and WACA.
Getting Around Perth
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Perth Esplanade Station, Perth Underground Station, or Perth Station. Perth may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Perth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- About 29.92 inches of rain falls on Perth each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 47°F