Visitors can enjoy all that Gangneung has to offer including the festivals, coffeehouses, and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting.
- There are 163 hotels and other accommodations in Gangneung
- The closest major airport is in Gangneung (KAG), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Yangyang (YNY-Yangyang Intl.), 24.8 mi (40 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gangneung
Cultural venues in the city include Daegwallyeong Museum, Ojukheon Municipal Museum, and Gangneung Culture and Art Center. Attractions like Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm and Gangneung Coastal Terraces are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Gangneung Seongyojang House, Gyeongpodae, and Heo Gyun and Heo Nanseolheon Memorial Park.
In Gangneung, you'll be able to select from 163 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel NOVEMBER - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hyundae Motel - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- The HongC Hotel Gangneung - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
Getting Around Gangneung
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Jeongdongjin Station. Gangneung may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gangneung
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Gangneung gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F