Visiting George Town
Visitors to George Town are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries, spas, and parks.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in George Town
- The closest major airport is in Devonport, TAS (DPO), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 36.2 mi (58.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in George Town
Favorite places to visit in the city include George Town Watch House, George Town Memorial Hall, and Bass & Flinders Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elizabeth Park and George Town Sports Complex.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- The Charles Robbins - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for George Town
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 59°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 44°F at night
- About 35.04 inches of rain falls on George Town each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 40°F