Visitors can enjoy all that Gommiswald has to offer including its mountain views. A top sight in the area is Rapperswil Castle.
- There are 101 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 26.8 mi (43.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gommiswald
A favorite place to visit in the city is Swiss Alps. Additionally, you'll find Rapperswil Castle in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Gommiswald, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 16 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel one66 is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from central Gommiswald. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in St. Gallen can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Dom is 19.9 mi (32.1 km) from the center of Gommiswald. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in St. Gallen can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Swiss Star is located 12.6 mi (20.2 km) from the heart of Gommiswald. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Wetzikon can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Gommiswald
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Average annual rainfall for Gommiswald is 1.26 inches
- Usually August and June are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F