Visitors can enjoy all that Schmerikon has to offer including its mountain views. A top sight in the area is Rapperswil Castle.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 23.8 mi (38.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Schmerikon
A favorite place to visit in the city is Swiss Alps. Additionally, you'll find Rapperswil Castle in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Schmerikon, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 16 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Swiss Star is located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the heart of Schmerikon. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Wetzikon can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Belvoir Swiss Quality Hotel is 19.2 mi (31 km) from central Schmerikon. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Rueschlikon can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Du Lac is 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the center of Schmerikon. This 3.5-star hotel in Wadenswil features a restaurant, free WiFi, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean rooms.
Dressing for Schmerikon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Schmerikon is 1.46 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F