Visiting Gran Canaria
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gran Canaria, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include Palmitos Park, Yumbo Shopping Center, and Amadores Beach.
- There are 3061 hotels and other accommodations in Gran Canaria
- The closest major airport is in Las Palmas (LPA-Gran Canaria), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gran Canaria
Cultural venues in the city include Canarian Museum, Colon House Museum, and Alfredo Kraus Auditorium. Families come for attractions such as Aqualand Maspalomas, Lago Taurito Water Park, and Sioux City Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Maspalomas Lighthouse, Cathedral of Santa Ana, and Plaza Espana.
In Gran Canaria, you'll find 3061 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Hotel Residencia - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants.
- Suites 1478 - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Other favorite sights in Gran Canaria include Palmitos Park, Yumbo Shopping Center, and Amadores Beach.
Dressing for Gran Canaria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 0.20 inches of rain falls on Gran Canaria each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 51°F