Families will find kid-friendly activities in Greymouth, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its breweries and local tours. A top sight in the city is Lake Brunner.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Greymouth
- The closest major airport is in Hokitika (HKK), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westport (WSZ), 53.4 mi (85.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greymouth
Cultural venues in the city include Monteith's Brewing Company, Left Bank Art Gallery, and History House Museum. The hiking trails and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Brunner, Pancake Rocks, and Punakaiki Beach. Taking local tours is one of the top activities, while West Coast Rail Trail, Pororari River Track, and Truman Track are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Greymouth. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Koru Beach Cabin & B&B Homestay - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Lake Brunner Longhouse - Our customers like the clean rooms at this guesthouse. This 3.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space.
- Alpine Rose Greymouth Motel - This 4.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Greymouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Greymouth gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 36°F