Visiting Guardamar del Segura
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Guardamar del Segura, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Welcoming and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Santa Maria Basilica, Altamira Palace, and Palmeral of Elche.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Guardamar del Segura
- The closest major airport is in Alicante (ALC-Alicante Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Murcia (MJV-San Javier), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guardamar del Segura
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Moncayo Beach, Guardamar Beach, and Guardamar Dunes Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Guardamar Castle and La Marina Beach.
In Guardamar del Segura, there are 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Meridional - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Mediterraneo - Our customers like the location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Guardamar - This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Santa Maria Basilica, located 13 mi (20.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Altamira Palace, which is 13 mi (21 km) away.
Dressing for Guardamar del Segura
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.55 inches of rain falls on Guardamar del Segura each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F