Visiting High Point
Families will find kid-friendly activities in High Point, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Around the area, top sights include Greensboro Coliseum, Caraway Speedway, and Greensboro Science Center.
- You'll find 154 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Greensboro
- The closest major airport is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in High Point
Favorite family attractions include Kersey Valley Attractions and All-A-Flutter Butterfly Farm. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Oak Hollow Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and High Point University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to select from in High Point. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Seven Oaks Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- J.H. Adams Inn - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott High Point - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Sunset Theater, 20.4 mi/32.8 km from the city center, and North Carolina Aviation Museum, which is 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away.
Getting Around High Point
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at High Point Station. High Point might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for High Point
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 30°F at night
- High Point gets about 42.28 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F