Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Homer, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and museums.
- There are 153 hotels and other accommodations in Homer
- The closest major airport is in Homer, AK (HOM), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Homer
Cultural venues in the city include Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center, Pratt Museum, and Ptarmigan Arts. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Homer Spit, Kachemak Bay State Park, and Wynn Nature Center. Top activities include fishing and wildlife viewing, while Homer Harbor and Calvin & Coyle Nature Trail Trailhead are sights to visit.
In Homer, you'll be able to select from 153 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Good Karma Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Juneberry Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Pioneer Inn Downtown - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Homer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 60°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 50°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Homer gets about 24.29 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 61°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F