Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Inishowen, which is also known for its seaside and golf courses. Scenic and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its bars and spas. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, Tower Museum, and Derry City Walls.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Inishowen
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 22.6 mi (36.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Inishowen
Cultural venues in the city include Fort Dunree, Inishowen Maritime Museum & Planetarium, and Grianan Ailigh. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Malin Head, Buncrana Beach, and Kinnagoe Bay Beach. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Ballyliffin Golf Course, Buncrana Golf Club, and North West Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Inishowen. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Whitestrand B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Trean House - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ballyliffin TownHouse Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and 2 bars, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, 14.3 mi/23 km from the heart of the city, and Tower Museum, which is 14.3 mi/23 km away.
Dressing for Inishowen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 59°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Inishowen gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 59°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F