Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Ipoh, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the coffeehouses, hot springs, and theme park. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples.
- There are 230 hotels and other accommodations in Ipoh
- The closest major airport is in Ipoh (IPH-Sultan Azlan Shah), 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ipoh
Attractions like Lost World Tambun and Movie Animation Park Studio of Perak are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Sam Poh Tong Temple, Nam Thean Tong Temple, and Dataran Ipoh. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hot springs and these places to visit: Kek Lok Tong, Sultan Abdul Aziz Recreation Park, and D. R. Seenivasagam Park.
In Ipoh, you'll find 230 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bedrock Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and walkable location at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Ulu Kinta features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Mari Hostel - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean rooms and location.
Dressing for Ipoh
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ipoh is 2.56 inches
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F