Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Gopeng has to offer. There are 356 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Ipoh (IPH-Sultan Azlan Shah), 8.9 mi (14.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gopeng
Places to visit in the larger region include Gua Tempurung Limestone Caves, Kellie's Castle, and Kek Lok Tong. You'll also find Sam Poh Tong Temple and Nam Thean Tong Temple in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Gopeng, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 59 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Gopeng Inn is 1 mi (1.7 km) from central Gopeng. This 2-star hotel in Gopeng features free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk.
- M Roof Hotel & Residences is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the center of Gopeng. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ipoh can enjoy access to free parking and 2 cafés, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Zetter Suites is located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of Gopeng. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Tanah Rata can enjoy access to free parking and an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Gopeng
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Gopeng gets about 2.56 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F