Visitors to Iquitos are sure to enjoy the local tours and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rainforests and cafés.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Iquitos
- The closest major airport is in Iquitos (IQT-Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Iquitos
The city's cultural venues include Museum of Indigenous Amazonian Cultures and Ethnographic Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza 28 de Julio, Iquitos Cathedral, and Plaza de Armas. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve, El Encanto de Laguna Waterpark, and Sapi Sapi Lake.
In Iquitos, there are 119 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Iquitos - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Casa Morey Hotel - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- La Casa Fitzcarraldo - This 3-star hotel in Punchana features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Iquitos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Iquitos gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- November and December are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F